Artist, Hmong, Micro-Influencer
Katiya Xiong, DIA
- Founder, DEEP (Do Express Empathy Proactively) Coalition, a global movement
- Over a decade of experience in marketing, operations, technology, and human resources
- Graduate of Nichols College with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Minor in International Business
Focus and Reality
- Empowering people to live deeply and helping them to develop a deep voice for work-life success through expressive writing
- Research has shown the benefits of expressive writing, a form of writing that is emotional and personal, to mental health and well-being
- Advocate of social leadership through micro-influencing
- Micro influencers, typically with 10,000 and 100,000 followers, often build online communities with more engaged niche audiences
Why She Cares
Katiya is a global connector and micro-influencer with a passion for social leadership and helping people find their deep voice through expressive writing. She founded DEEP Coalition in 2022, after 10+ years at a national disability organization where she led the marketing, operations, technology, and human resources efforts.
Katiya embarked on her own micro-influencing journey after seeing businesses and workers struggled to do business online during COVID. She changed her approach to be more human-centered and developed the CIA (Clear, Intentional, Authentic) strategy in her marketing, networking, and relationship-building efforts. Her journey gained the attention of professionals, CEOs and CHROs. Her network grew from hundreds to thousands in a short time. Her micro-influencing journey also enabled her to help diverse professionals and business owners in social selling and provide over 1,000 hours of training to others.
Today, as a micro-influencer teacher, she wishes to see learners develop a deep voice that can cut through the noise to help them with continued work-life success.
Read Katiya’s story
- Katiya Xiong, DIA – A whole new world (MyAsianVoice)
Ask Your Question
MyAsianVoice reviews all submitted questions. Questions considered for publication will include answers or insights from experts that will be published on our site for all to benefit. If your question is chosen for publication, your email and name will not be shown nor shared.
At MyAsianVoice, we bridge institutions and government to our collective for data equity, data disaggregation, polling, surveys and research so that Asian representation is included.Add me to your list! >>