Asian, Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Annie S. Li, MD
- Clinical Associate Professor, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at NYU Grossman School of Medicine
- Director, Children’s Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program at Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City
- Co-founded and Co-chaired, Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Asian Caucus
- Board Member, New York Council on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Graduate of Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Trained at the New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell Medical Center/Columbia University Medical Center
Visit Our Experts Series: Asian Mental Health Corner with Dr. Annie S. Li, MD
Focus and Reality
- Addressing and educating Asian American, child and adolescent mental health
- An estimated 2.9 million Asian Americans suffer from mental health conditions, but there is exists disparities and gaps in mental health care for Asians
Why She Cares
Dr. Annie S Li, MD is a board certified General and Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. She is Associate Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at NYU Grossman School of Medicine, the Director of the Children’s Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program at Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City and a board member on the New York Council on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Dr. Li has devoted her career focusing on the needs of Asian American mental health. As a Chinese American immigrant, Dr. Li promotes the awareness of the field’s structural disparities and lack of AAPI mental health clinicians. She co-founded and co-chaired the Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Asian Caucus.
Dr. Li is an expert on Asian American youth mental health educating our government and the public. She has extensive experience providing psychiatric care to youths and families in the acute crisis settings, with focus on mood disorders, anxiety, stress/trauma related disorders including complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Outside of her role as a psychiatrist, Dr. Li also navigates the adventures of motherhood with two young children and is an avid traveler/culinary explorer.
Read articles by Dr. Annie Li, MD
Ask Your Question
MyAsianVoice reviews all submitted questions. Questions considered for publication will include answers or insights from experts that will be published on our site for all to benefit. If your question is chosen for publication, your email and name will not be shown nor shared.
At MyAsianVoice, we bridge institutions and government to our collective for data equity, data disaggregation, polling, surveys and research so that Asian representation is included.Add me to your list! >>