Organizational Psychologist, Researcher, Executive Coach
Dr. Yon Na, PhD
- Founder, Organizational Psychologist, Executive Coach, and Researcher, Yon Na Consulting LLC
- Founder, RadianceHQ – an organization dedicated to advancing Asian women in the workplace
- Adjunct Professor, California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University
- Member, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Member, Society of Consulting Psychology
- Member, Society for the Psychology of Women
- Member, International Coaching Federation
Visit Our Experts Series: Asian Women in Leadership with Dr. Yon Na, PhD
Focus and Reality
- Helping Asian women accelerate their advancement in corporate America
- Less than 1% of Asian American women are promoted to executive leadership per a 2022 McKinsey report
- A 2022 USA Today analysis found Asian women are shut out of leadership at America’s top companies
Why She Cares
Dr. Yon Na, PhD is an organizational psychologist, researcher and executive coach. She is also the founder of Yon Na Consulting LLC and Radiance HQ (an organization dedicated to advancing Asian women in the workplace). Dr. Na belongs to the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Society of Consulting Psychology, Society for the Psychology of Women and finds time to teach professional psychology as an Adjunct Professor at Alliant International University.
Since 2009, Dr. Na has been passionate about changing the narrative about Asian women. Her main research area focuses on the experiences of Asian immigrant women and their journeys into corporate leadership. By sharing her research, Yon’s goal is to help Asian women accelerate their advancement in corporate America. Yon believes that it’s imperative for Asian women to design a career path that aligns with being a bicultural woman.
Moreover, Dr. Na has over 20 years of corporate experience in Leadership and Organization Development and Human Resources Management. Yon has has worked for Fortune 100 and high-growth companies including Warner Bros. Entertainment, The New York Times, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, and Nordstrom. Dr. Na was the Primary Investigator and Co-Author of the 2020 Asian American Executive Leadership Report in collaboration with LEAP (Leadership Education For Asian Pacifics).
Read articles by Dr. Yon Na, Phd
- Her latest research: Underrepresented and underleveraged: Developing the leadership potential of women of Asian descent in the American Psychological Association’s Consulting Psychology Journal
- I am a social science researcher who research Asian women in leadership (MyAsianVoice)
- Finding 1: The evolution of personal values into leadership style (MyAsianVoice)
Ask Your Question
MyAsianVoice reviews all submitted questions. Questions considered for publication will include answers or insights from experts that will be published on our site for all to benefit. If your question is chosen for publication, your email and name will not be shown nor shared.
At MyAsianVoice, we bridge institutions and government to our collective for data equity, data disaggregation, polling, surveys and research so that Asian representation is included.Add me to your list! >>