Councilwoman, Public Service
- City Council Member, City of Frisco, Texas
- Chief Innovation Officer and Managing Partner, Blackshaw Partners LLC
- Texas Municipal League Leadership Fellow
- Vice Chair of the Legislative Committee
- Council Liaison for the Mayor’s Veterans Advisory and Frisco Inclusion Committees
- Council Representative for Regional Emergency Preparedness
- Graduate of Northwestern University
Visit Our Experts Series: Asian Women in Public Service with Councilwoman Tammy Meinershagen
Focus and Reality
- Demystifying public service to inspire more Asians to go into public and civic roles to drive change
- Asian Americans are severely under-represented in public office, less than 1% of U.S. publicly elected officials were Asian as of mid-2020
Why She Cares
Tammy Suh Meinershagen is a second generation Korean-American and lives in Frisco, Texas since 2004. She is the first Asian-American to serve on Frisco City Council. Tammy has more than a decade of community service through many organizations. Tammy did not see many people like her in elected positions. She wants to demystify public service to inspire more Asians to go into public and civic roles to drive change.
Tammy’s impactful work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Dallas CEO Magazine, Korea Daily News, KERA, WFAA, Frisco Style, Local Profile, and more. Since joining the Frisco City Council in 2022, Tammy has approved projects that address the Top 10 Council Priorities and increase the quality of life of diverse citizens.
Tammy serves on the Mayor’s Veterans Advisory Committee, is a Council Liaison for the Frisco Inclusion Committee, and Vice Chair of the Legislative Committee. Tammy also currently serves on the Advisory Boards of Leadership Prep School, Legacy Christian Academy, Frisco Arts Foundation, and the Texas Women’s Foundation’s Orchid Giving Circle. Professionally, Tammy is Chief Innovation Officer at Blackshaw Partners LLC, a 40-year global executive search firm serving blue-chip multinationals and private equity clients.
Originally from Chicago, IL and a graduate of Northwestern University, Tammy and her husband, Todd, have three daughters Ellie, Chloe, and Sophie. A lifelong musician, Tammy enjoys playing her violin and beloved Steinway piano in her spare time.
Read articles by Councilwoman Tammy Meinershagen
- Inside series to demystify public service (MyAsianVoice)
- Why I ran for city council (MyAsianVoice)
- Tammy4Frisco (Official campaign website of Councilwoman Tammy Meinershagen)
Ask Your Question
MyAsianVoice reviews all submitted questions. Questions considered for publication will include answers or insights from experts that will be published on our site for all to benefit. If your question is chosen for publication, your email and name will not be shown nor shared.
At MyAsianVoice, we bridge institutions and government to our collective for data equity, data disaggregation, polling, surveys and research so that Asian representation is included.Add me to your list! >>